uTemplate Beta Feedback Thread

samix

Dec 14, 2017
I wanted to let you know that so far so good, I’m pretty happy with the current state of the 0.71 Beta, and I have a good use of the latest feature. Thanks a lot!

Do you know if it would be easy to be able to set the "Preset File Directory" and "Template File Directory" (Preferences > uTemplate > Custom File Directory), with a editor script?

Unfinity Games

Infinite
Staff member
Jun 14, 2014
Glad to hear that it's working well -- thanks for coming back to report!

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you trying to set the output directories dynamically via script?

samix

Dec 14, 2017
Definitely not high priority, but would be cool to have a way to keep my uTemplate's Preferences settings between project (or computer when using git) - without having to do it manually. I haven't found where the Preferences are stored. So I was thinking that it could be possible to store my settings in a editor script, that could change the uTemplate's Preferences dynamically.

Unfinity Games

Infinite
Staff member
Jun 14, 2014
uTemplate stores data using EditorPrefs, so it should be persistent on your main computer. EditorPrefs don't get synced via git or anything, though, so unfortunately settings have to be copied manually if you're sharing a project.

samix

Dec 14, 2017
Thanks for the info.
Just FYI, I tried to change it, using EditorPrefs.SetString("uTemplate_UserCustomPresetPath_h3396047861"... But it duplicate the uTemplate_UserCustomPresetPath pref with another number id. It doesn't seem to be an easy task, and it's not really important.
Thanks again!

Unfinity Games

Infinite
Staff member
Jun 14, 2014
Yeah, I'm not sure you can edit the EditorPrefs that way. EditorPrefs is a Unity system, so I'm not entirely sure how it works under-the-hood -- unfortunately I don't have an easy way to adjust them outside the code that generates the values originally.

The new version will be tested a bit more internally and then shipped to the Asset Store. Thanks again for all of your help beta testing, and for suggesting the feature! If this was helpful to you, please consider taking a moment to rate and/or write a review, as it really helps us out!

Forgot your password?