I'm Impressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unfinity Games

Infinite
Staff member
Jun 14, 2014
I'm really glad you like it, @Tinjaw! It was born out of necessity, and it kind of rolled into something much more than it was originally designed to do. Template method inheritance, presets, and a bunch of other stuff came about out of a "well, this is great now, but what if uTemplate could do this too?".

Out of curiosity, is there anything in your other template asset that you like, but isn't currently possible in uTemplate?

Jul 22, 2016
Hi everyone, Just joined and happy to try the beta. docavage same as on unity forum. Using uNote on main project now. Working great. Really useful. Will donwload utemplate now :)

Jul 22, 2016
I'm really glad you like it, @Tinjaw! It was born out of necessity, and it kind of rolled into something much more than it was originally designed to do. Template method inheritance, presets, and a bunch of other stuff came about out of a "well, this is great now, but what if uTemplate could do this too?".

Out of curiosity, is there anything in your other template asset that you like, but isn't currently possible in uTemplate?
Hi @Tinjaw. See you most days on the secret sale thread. Good one that. Well done for getting it going:) I keep looking and commenting to keep it on the asset store forum front page.

Don't want to hijack the thread. As Unfinity asked for feedback here thought would post it here. Apologies if this is not done.

@Unfinity Games , Just had a quick test. Really like it. Nice and simple from what I can see. One thing haven't found is a way to add my own methods. Does one exist or is it me being a bit slow.

Two things I would do:

1. Make an Unfinity dropdown menu for all your products to be listed in and quick access.
2. Make the template window dockable so it can sit in the editor.

Also hope you don't mind but I have pointed your unity thread out to a couple of beta groups I am in. Hopefully you'll get more onboard:)

Jul 22, 2016
Just had a thought. If you make the live window editable. We could type our own templates/methods/etc out and if you had a 'save template' button at the bottom this could be used to save it out to the template list. Just a thought.

Unfinity Games

Infinite
Staff member
Jun 14, 2014
@Unfinity Games , Just had a quick test. Really like it. Nice and simple from what I can see. One thing haven't found is a way to add my own methods. Does one exist or is it me being a bit slow.

Two things I would do:

1. Make an Unfinity dropdown menu for all your products to be listed in and quick access.
2. Make the template window dockable so it can sit in the editor.
Hey, @docsavage! Welcome, and thanks for giving uTemplate a go!

You can definitely add your own Templates and associated Methods (in fact, that's what I made it for!). You can read about that in the Documentation.

As for #1, making top-level dropdown menus is actually discouraged by the Unity Asset Store team, so I can't really do that (unfortunately). Interesting tidbit, the early, early version of U2DEX actually did that, but that was before that soft-rule was instated by the UAS team (way back in 2013!).

As for #2, I'll look into that. The window is more meant to be popped open, used, and removed so it doesn't get in the way, but I'll see what I can do about that.

Also hope you don't mind but I have pointed your unity thread out to a couple of beta groups I am in. Hopefully you'll get more onboard:)
Nope, that's totally fine! The hardest part is getting the word out -- thanks for helping!

Just had a thought. If you make the live window editable. We could type our own templates/methods/etc out and if you had a 'save template' button at the bottom this could be used to save it out to the template list. Just a thought.
Due to the way that Unity's internal AssetDatabase works, I'm not sure it'd handle the live window being editable (there's also a fair bit of Reflection used by uTemplate to check methods and types, etc.) so I can't think of an easy way to do this. I've added to the list, though, as I like the idea behind it.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Unfinity Games

Infinite
Staff member
Jun 14, 2014
I decided to make a general feedback thread, here. All of these posts have been copied over, so feel free to continue the conversation (so we won't lose any feedback!).

I'm leaving this thread up for posterity, though. Thanks @Tinjaw for getting the ball rolling on this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?