Blog

News, updates, and other wonderful things

Posted on Dec 3, 2012

On November 30th, a review for Space Crüesader was posted on Indie Gamer Chick.  Generally, this is where my fellow indie developers prepare for the no-doubt brutal shredding of their baby.

I was no exception.

When I emailed Indie Gamer Chick to let her know that my game was out, I was expecting the inevitable review to be pretty brutal.  Twin-stick shooters are a pretty over-crowded market on XBLIG, and while I was confident that mine was a good game, Indie Gamer Chick has gone on record stating that she’s generally not a fan of shooters.  “Better cue up my bitter tears,” I was thinking as I sent the email.

Surprisingly, it was a tear-free experience.  A few days after I sent the email, Indie Gamer Chick had the review up, and it was uncharacteristically positive.   In fact, Space Crüesader is now proud to bear the Indie Gamer Chick Seal of Approval, which can be seen on its product page.  She even went so far as to say it’s one of the best titles on XBLIG, and that she loved it!

If you don’t believe her (shame on you!), you can form your own opinion for the low, low price of one dollar.

If you do believe her (good on you!), you can purchase the game from Xbox.com, or find it on the Xbox Dashboard under “Indie” (near the top of the new releases list, as of the time of writing).

If you’re undecided on the matter, then I can’t help you.  I could add a gratuitous link to the game’s marketplace page, but that would be rather silly, wouldn’t it?

Read more

Posted on Nov 30, 2012

Let it be known that on the 28th of November, 2012, Space Crüesader launched for all the world to play! (cue fanfare)  You can purchase it on Xbox.com for 80MSP (or $1, in normal monetary terms).

There’s also some pretty sweet reviews coming in as well, like this one and this one.

There’s still a long way to go, and the website will be going through some changes as I work out the best way to showcase the game and news relating to it.  However, the game is out, the reviews thus far have been positive, and I actually made it to release.

That’s got to be worth something, right?   Right?

1 When I said “for all the world to play” I meant the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Japan, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Sweden and Singapore.
I would have said “most of the world”, but that doesn’t sound as nice, does it?

Read more